Vista Tweak 2: Turning off Security Center completely
The Security Center is one of the most annoying things in Vista. It not only wastes valueful memory but also sits in your taskbar tray all the time. To turn it off and let it’s tray icon disappear follow these steps …
- Go to Start Menu/Control Panel and double click the Security Center icon.
- Click the Change the way the Security Center alerts me-link in the left area of the Security Center window.
- In the window that appears click the Don’t notify me and don’t display the icon (not recommended)-text and close the Security Center window again.
- In the Start Menu type services.msc and press <Enter>. The services window will open.
- In the services list locate the service named Security Center, right click it and choose Properties.
- Set the startup type to disabled then press the Stop button and then press Ok.
After this the Security Center will be turned off permanently without showing a tray icon.