Vista Tweak 4: How to make the Vista Experience rating appear again if it disappeared
Some people found that the link to rate the Vista Experience Index was gone on their system so they weren’t able to re-measure the Experience Index again after for example hardware changes were made. The following steps show how to repair this. Note that this requires making modifications to the system registry! I recommend to always make a backup of the registry (with regedit) before making any changes to it!
- Go to Start Menu and type regedit.exe, press <Enter> and the Registry Editor will open.
- In the editor navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows Control Panel Performance Control Panel.
- In the right pane, look for the value named PerfcplEnabled and delete it, if found.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows Control Panel Performance Control Panel, if found.
- Again delete the value named PerfcplEnabled in the right pane. Then close the Registry Editor.
After this the link to rate the Experience Index should appear correctly again.